Dentures Can Help Your Appearance and Improve Your Life
When you are missing teeth, it’s normal to worry about what others think about the way your teeth look. For many people, great teeth makes them feel younger, attractive, and more successful, while damaged or missing teeth are perceived as signs of being older, less attractive, and not financially successful.
Tooth loss can also have physical effects. The remaining teeth begin to shift around in the mouth to fill the gap which has been created. This can lead to an unbalanced appearance, sagging muscles in the jaw area, more loose teeth, or difficulty chewing and eating properly.
With all of the negative things associated with missing and damaged teeth, it’s no surprise a growing number of people are choosing dentures when they find themselves missing a bunch of teeth. If you’ve lost teeth dentures are an excellent option.
5 Ways Dentures Will Improve Your Life
- Allows you to speak properly: If you are missing teeth, you might have a hard time speaking clearly. People may not realize that their teeth help them pronounce words. Once you receive your dentures, it may take time for you to adjust to your dentures, but, once you do, you will be able to speak as well as you could before you lost your teeth.
- Allows you to enjoy your favorite foods: With the advancements in dentures, most look, feel, and behave like natural teeth. With dentures, you will be able to eat the same way you did with your real teeth. Chewing will become a lot easier as you get used to your dentures. Food is often a common concern among many people and with dentures, you will be able to eat your favorite foods like steak or fruits again.
- Gives you a healthy smile: With a quality set of dentures from the Plano dentist at Haight Family Dentistry, people will not even be able to tell that you have a dental prosthetic. You will be more secure knowing that you can smile for pictures once again.
- Boosts your self-esteem: Restoring your smile makes you more confident as you feel good about the way you look and how others perceive you. Modern dentures fit tightly inside your mouth, so you never have to worry about them coming out unless you intentionally remove them.
- Makes you appear younger: Your face tends to droop when you’re missing teeth, and a new set of properly designed dentures could take 10 years off your face. The jawbones naturally shrink to a lower and lower level once the teeth have been removed. This is why the face will take on a withered look for the denture wearer.
As much as we don’t like to admit it, we are all judged by our smiles. If you are concerned about your health or appearance due to lost or missing teeth, dentures might provide a solution. Schedule an appointment with your Plano dentist to find out whether dentures are right for you.
Haight Family Dentistry is conveniently located in two locations in Plano, TX and Melissa, TX. We provide a state-of-the-art facility that offers exceptional dental and specialty services. Services range from dental crowns to veneers and whitening procedures. For further information, questions, or to schedule an appointment, contact the office at 972-527-5555.