Emergency Dental Care for a Toothache in Plano and Melissa
No one wants to have a dental emergency, however if you or a member have a dental emergency, we are here to help you get the treatment that you need with the utmost possible care. If you or your loved one is experiencing a serious oral injury and is in pain, you need a trusted dental practice who will make your family a priority now, not in a few days or weeks. We offer emergency dentistry in Plano and Melissa to provide you the expert care that you need.
Urgent Dental Care Dentist
There are many reasons that patients throughout Texas need an emergency dentist. Our team of dental experts are waiting to handle all types of dental emergencies, including the following:
- Dislodged Tooth
- Tooth Breakage or Chipping
- Filling or Crown Loss
- Gum or Teeth Bleeding
How to Handle Common Dental Emergencies
If an emergency occurs, you should call us immediately. In the meantime, use these tips on how to handle common dental emergencies:
- Toothaches: If your tooth starts hurting out of nowhere, chances are it’s an infection or decay that has developed over time. Attempt to rinse your mouth with warm water or try using a cold compress then call our dental office. Dr. Fred Haight may need to perform a root canal to save your tooth and remove the infection or decay
- Chipped/Broken Tooth: Chipped or broken teeth can be painful because it can expose the sensitive inner portion of your tooth. If this occurs, apply a cold compress to help reduce swelling then contact our dental office.
- Knocked-Out Tooth: A knocked-out tooth can be traumatic, but there’s a chance you can save it. Locate your tooth and pick it up by the crown to avoid damaging the roots and then rinse it off. If you are able, try to put it back in your socket, holding it in place with your tongue until you can get to our dental office. If this isn’t possible, keep it moist in water or milk. The sooner you can see Dr. Haight, the better your chances are of your tooth being successfully replanted.
- Lost Filling / Crown: If you lose a crown or filling, it’s important to protect the exposed part of your tooth. You can do this by using dental cement found at your local drugstore until you can come in to see us. We will provide you with a custom-made dental crown or tooth-colored fillings to restore your tooth back to its full health.
Dr. Haight and his staff at Haight Family Dentistry will work hard to help you as quickly as possible. If you have a severe toothache or other dental emergency schedule or call the Plano dentist or Melissa dentist offices today.
Fred Haight, DDS - Emergency Dentist
Urgent Care Dentistry in Plano and Melissa Texas
Dental emergencies typically fall into one of two categories: infection that usually occurs from poor oral healthcare and sudden physical injury or trauma. If an emergency occurs, you should call Haight Family Dentistry immediately. If you have questions contact Dr. Haight's team at Haight Family Dentistry, we are here to help
6317 Preston Road Suite 500
Plano, TX 75024
1711 Cooper Street
Melissa, TX 75454
Fri: By appointment